Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Running


Call me crazzzy!!!!! I decided that I wanted to run another marathon (26.2 miles) this year. Why? I don't know. I have tried and tried to figure out why a person pays $60-$100, gets up at 4AM to be at the starting line by 7AM, and then runs their guts out for 26 miles.

Is it for the views (which were awesome) , the friends you make along the way, or for the fact that if you are going to run 26 miles why run it alone? I may never figure out exactly why I did it, but I do know that the feeling you get when you finally cross that finish line is amazing.
Maybe it's just the idea of setting a goal and accomplishing it. I am not an athelete and I don't know if I will be running any more marathons but it is a great feeling to say "I ran a marathon! Me, a 40 year old mom, I did it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pumpkin Carving

Camping at Rockport