Monday, May 11, 2009

The Haircut



As many of you know Garrett has been growing this braid since the 5th grade. The other day he and Mike went to get their haircut and Garrett came home with the braid in hand. He said it was just time. It is different not to see it on him but I suppose we will get used to it.

I was not to excited when he said he wanted to grow this braid, but it really has been an eye opener to me. I have been amazed at how many people make judgements just off his looks. It has been interesting over the years to see people's reactions and responses to it. He has taken the positive and the negative comments very well and I am proud of him. It has also made me more aware of others and helped me not to be judgemental based on a persons looks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It's kind of sad to see the braid gone! :(
    I can't believe he cut it off! Garret has grown up so much. He is a handsome boy...braid or not! :)
    Loves!

    ReplyDelete

Pumpkin Carving

Camping at Rockport